Monday 27 February 2012

DYI: Face Scrub

What you'll need - Lemon juice/Honey
                          - Sugar
                          - Cotton pads
                          - Small container







I had a spare little bottle of lemon juice from Pancake Day, so I thought I'd make use out of it. 
It's more beneficial to use a real lemon, but bottled lemon juice should still be okay.

I use lemon juice for this because apparently it helps remove freckles, which is why it's better 
to use a real lemon because it's 100% natural. 
I've not used this scrub long enough to see whether it helps reduce freckles but I do know that
after just using it one time, my face was super duper soft!

But yeah, if you don't want to "reduce freckles", I recommend using it with honey instead. Just because
lemon kind of works as a "bleach" if you like because it is very acidic, so it helps lighten the freckles & people also use it on their hair to naturally lighten it! :)
Anyway, moving on.. 

Alls you need to do is put some of your lemon juice into your container & then add about a 
teaspoon of sugar in with it. You can add more if you want it to be more of a paste, add as
much of each of 'item' as you please until you get the consistency you want.

After you have done that, put warm water onto your face to open your pores, this will help
clean any dirt from your face & prevent you from getting spots. 
(Just to add, this remedy has been proven to help with acne, so if any of you suffer
with acne or just the odd spot, try this & it should help to get rid of it)

After that, put a bit onto your cotton pad with your spoon & rub it into your skin in circular motions.
Leave it on for a few minutes. Don't worry if it starts to itch, that means it's working!
However, if it feels like it's too irritating, wash it off.

After it's dried, wash it off with warm water & dry your face.

Last but not least, feel how amazingly soft & smooth your skin feels, amazing right!?

I do this now every couple of days to keep my skin looking fresh. The lemon juice also
helps to give your skin a radiant glow, so this trick can benefit your skin a lot!

Give it a whirl & let me know what you think of it! :)

LOL,I'm obviously happy with the results...
(ignore the silly face, that's just what happens when
you witness the smoothness haha!)


Give it a whirl & let me know what you think of it! :)
xoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment