Sunday 4 March 2012

Lion Hurrr...

I get asked a lot of questions on how I do my hair when it is curly.
It's quite simple to do really.

All that you will need to get your curls the way I do, is 3 things
1. Curling Wand
2. Wide Tooth Comb
3. Hair spray (optional)



The way I curl my hair is I wrap my hair as tight as I can around the top of the curler (thicker part) & hold it for around 5-10 seconds. 
It would be beneficial if you had a heat proof glove as I've burnt myself numerous times because it's hard to hold your hair tight in place without touching the wand. 

I usually do all different size pieces so there is lots of different 'texture' in my hair. Try not to use really thick pieces of hair because it won't curl as good. Use approx an inch wide of hair to get a good curl.

After I've done my whole head, I'll then brush it through with my wide tooth comb, this seperates the hair & also gives it more volume, without losing the curl or making it frizzy.

Once I've brushed it through, I'll then back comb it underneath & on top.
Don't back comb it too rough on top because it can damage your hair & also make it frizzy, just be gentle with it.

After that, if you want to, use your hairspray
I only use hairspray on it if I'm going out, I don't like hairspray that much so I try not to use it everytime I curl my hair.

When you have done all of them steps, you should have something that looks like this..


I'll be doing a video on how I got these curls soon, keep a look out! ;)

Hope that helped a little! :)

Enjoy your crazy lion hurrrr, roarrr ;)

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment